The next violin contest will take place
from 14 to 20 November 2014.
Deadlines of registration : March, 25th (London, Paris,
Berlin, Moscow, New York) ; April, 21st (Tokyo, Beijing).
Applications can be sent online.
Please find the details of the programme :
1. PRESELECTION in situ
The preselection will take place in he following cities :
- Paris (17-18 April, CNSM).
- Berlin (28 avril, French Cultural Institute).
- London (23 April, BBC, Maida Vale studios ).
- Moscow (31 March-1 April, Tchaikovsky Conservatory).
- New York (11-12 April, Manhattan School of Music).
- Beijing (May 2014).
- Tokyo (5-6 May 2014, Showa University of music). Informations in English : Showa University of Music, https://www.tosei-showa-music.ac.jp/english/living.html ; informations in japanese : 昭和音楽大学, http://www.tosei-showa-music.ac.jp/siteinfo/access.html). Organization : Mie Kobayashi.
Duration : 20 mn (eliminary duration not to be longer).
Each candidate will have to come with his own accompanist.
If a candidates comes alone to the preselection test, the Contest
will be able to put an accompanist at the candidate's disposal.
Free choice for the candidate (with a well-balanced spreading of the three parts) :
- extract(s) of the Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin by J.S. Bach ;
- a work with piano (or solo) of the end of the XVIIIth century,
of the XIXth century or of the beginning of the XXth century ;
- a work with piano (or solo) of the second part of the XXth century,
or of the XXIth century.
NB : registration obligatory (application and fee)
to participate to the preselections.
(total duration : 20 minutes)
- Witold Lutoslawski : Subito (5')
- J.-S. Bach : Sonata for solo violin No 2 BWV 1003, 3. Andante (5')
- Niccolo Paganini : 24 Caprices for violin op. 1 : No 4 in C minor (6'30)
- Maurice Ravel : Sonata for violin and piano, 3. Perpetuum mobile (3'30)
3. SEMI-FINALE :
(total duration : 40 minutes)
- Franz Schubert : Rondo brillant in B minor D.895 (14'30)
- Pierre Boulez : Anthèmes 1 (9')
- Pablo de Sarasate : Scottish arias op.34 (8'30)
- Johannes Brahms : Sonata No 3 in D minor op.108, 4. Presto agitato (6'30)
4. FINALE RECITAL:
(total duration : 60 minutes)
- J. S. Bach : Partita No 3 BWV 1006 (20')
- Georges Bizet/Franz Waxman : Carmen Fantasy (11')
- Richard Dubugnon : Anti Tango for solo violin, commissioned by the contest (7')
- Camille Saint-Saëns : Sonata for violin and piano No 1 in D minor op.75 (22')
5. FINALE CONCERTO :
Two concertos to be chosen (one by list). At the end of the semi-finale,
the jury will choose the work that the candidate will have to play :
list A :
- Felix Mendelssohn: Concerto in E minor op.64 (26')
- Johannes Brahms : Concerto in D major op. 77 (38')
- Camille Saint-Saëns : Concerto No 3 in B minor op.29 (30')
list B :
- Dimitri Shostakovich : Concerto No 1 in A minor op.77 (39')
- Serguei Prokofiev : Concerto No 1 in D major op.19 (22')
- Jean Sibelius : Concerto in D minor op.47 (31')
Please do not forget, deadline registration : 25 March (London, Paris,
Berlin, Moscow, New York), 21 April (Tokyo, Beijing) !